Tuesday, February 5, 2013

RVs Are Us!


As you know if you've read my profile, I work for Indian Valley Camping Center in Souderton, PA.  Since this is my first post on this blog, I'm going to take a few minutes to introduce myself and Indian Valley Camping Center, or IVCC to all our friends, which include you now that you are reading this!  When I came to this area and business almost 8 years ago, I was totally new to the world of RV camping.  (Other than a couple of very memorable hunting trips in pickup campers with my brothers!)  I was living in Tioga County at the time, when I was attracted to this area because of a particular woman, that I wanted to get to know better.  As I was making plans to move to southeastern Pennsylvania, a friend of mine, Rob, said he knew someone from this area that he used to work for and that he would give him a call and see if he was hiring.  The person he called was Claire Keller, owner of IVCC, and can you believe it, they were actually thinking of hiring someone at that time and I got the job!  I was totally green and didn't know a hatch from a wiffletree, but the old graybeards took me under their wings and being a fairly quick learner, I stuck around!  (And the woman became my wife and we celebrated our 7th anniversary last year!) 

Since I enjoyed computers more than the other guys in my department, I started coaxing some undiscovered talents out of our business software and soon was moved into the parts department to oversee the accessories store and control inventory.  This also led to my current foray into the social media to try to bring IVCC into the world of Twitter, Blogs and smart phones! 

All this explanation to say, we are doing what we can to communicate with our customers on their level, but make no mistake, we are ALL about RVs and camping, not about tweeting, liking and friending!  We are here because it is the best way to communicate with you.  Like in the old days, there were no doubt some that wanted to continue using the telegraph when the phone came along and they probably thought the phone would never catch on and become affordable for every home to have one, but look what happened!  We don't plan to make the same mistake and get left behind, but please remember if our pages aren't as slick as some others or if we chop a head off in a photo or if we seem a little slow on the uptake concerning the lingo of this techie world, we are ALL about RVs and camping!  That's why we're here.  We want to help you have the best camping experience possible and we think for that to happen, IVCC needs to be part of the equation. 

So check back here regularly, go to our website at, www.ivccrv.com , follow us on Twitter @ivccrv and friend us on Facebook, but most importantly, come see us at 3400 Bethlehem Pike, Souderton, PA 18964, or call, (215-723-4852) email (sales@ivccrv.com) or even fax (just kidding, no telegraphing either!) and get your camping experience started with us!  I may be relatively new in the business, but trust me, there are a lot of guys around here with 20+ years of experience!  It's no accident that Indian Valley Camping Center has been in business over 50 years!  Come see why our slogan is, "The Symbol of Outstanding Service"!

No comments:

Post a Comment